On April 30, 2019, the IOST Foundation increased the minimum required votes to become an elected Servi Node on the IOST Blockchain.
According to IOST Head Of International Markets Ben Waters, the votes requirement was increased “to streamline the on-boarding of Servi Nodes, enable the stability and progressive scaling of the IOST network as well as ensuring profitability of Servi Nodes from block production rewards.”
The new development is only for new Servi Node Producers who are just now preparing to get on board. Already producing Servi Nodes below the new threshold (8 million) will not be affected as they will retain their position as Servi Nodes on the IOST Blockchain.
Also: this increase is applicable only to Servi Node Producers since Partner Nodes are not affected by the new vote threshold.
Read the full details here.Share on facebook Share on telegram Share on twitter Share on linkedin
- Building on IOST with IOST .NET SDK by Sonata September 8, 2020
- Recap of IOST AMA with Aegis CTO Christopher Holm September 1, 2020
- IOST Blockchain ranked Top 3 in CCID latest Index August 26, 2020
- IOST unveils $1million grant to foster DeFi growth August 11, 2020
- Interview on DeFi ecosystem, Powermine and IOST with Powermine Co-founder August 4, 2020
With over $2 million grant from IOST Foundation get your DeFi project added to this profile https://t.co/2JKHdhhfMsFollow
There has been a lot of questions by new community members on what is happening on July 1 on IOST Blockchain… https://t.co/aInu0vGR4SFollow